I love bread. I also love cake. And when a cake disguises itself as bread, I have no problem making it the foundation of my nutritional pyramid.
(As always, no guarantees, especially on the nutrition stuff. It’s just damn tasty, that’s all I know.)
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g butter or margarine
- 200 g sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml crème fraiche
- 300 g (3-4) bananas, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Mix butter and sugar, add eggs and then crème fraiche.
- Mix all of the above and add banana.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour. Check with a wooden prick before taking it out of the oven.
- Let cool for about 30 min.
Pro tip(s): Add some fruit! It’s great with pear or apple – but there’s no limit to your imagination. (Just make sure it’s legal, please.) You could also add chocolate, even though it is not a fruit. Cocoa grows on trees, though, right?
Photos and text by Tamara L. Nehls